The Brutality of Reason Example

By Ironcross One-One

Slicing and dicing things into pieces small enough
to be fed to Liberals, Kooks and Anti-Americans.
When feeding Kooks and Anti-Americans
I suggest a potato gun.
Example

If you are the emotional liberal type, this mindspace will make you uncomfortable. If you think my logic or facts are faulty, lets discuss it. When your findings disagree with my findings, that is dialogue. But using rhetoric to disagree with science is demogoguery. No demogoguery! I usually refrain from insults, but occasionally, ignorance and liberal hypocrisy bring out the worst in me.

Name:
Location: Edge of Nowhere, Washington, United States

Military Jumper, Diver, Motorcycle Rider, Air Traffic Control and Demolitions Man. I build furniture and cabinets and can frame, roof, wire, plumb and finish a house. Can weld steel, drive heavy equipment, build pole barns and mortared rock walls. Have written one bad novel and one brilliant thesis. And I play the guitar.

Monday, July 25, 2005

The Ruprecht Axle

We bought a 1970 Kubota L210 Tractor this week. While we were using the loader to move some dirt around the farm, the front axle broke. Nothing too serious, just need to get the axle to a welding shop. that stress point's been carrying 1000 pounds for 35 years and carries twice that when the loader is full.

So anyway, we had a broken tractor in the front yard. I needed to get it down to the garage so I could get it taken apart and get that axle off. Being the cheapskate, I didn't want to call a wrecker to move it 250 feet. I thought about it overnight and decided to see if I could make a wooden axle that would stabilize the front wheels and allow me to back it down the hill.
Example

To make it short, I made 2 attempts and multiple modifications to each, but when I finally put on every clamp I could find, I got it to hold together. I backed it down into the garage and took it apart. It wasn't pretty, but it worked. I call it the Ruprecht Axle, in honor of the fact that it looked like it was made by Ruprecht the Monkey Boy.
ExampleExampleExample

It took longer to design the wooden axle and get the tractor into the garage than it took to block up the tractor, remove the cowling, pull the loader frame, remove the radiator and disconect the tie rods from the axle.

But it's a gentle reminder of what I constantly preach. Ideas are the things that matter. We make strategies and they lead us to success or failure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 Michael A. Breeden