The Brutality of Reason Example

By Ironcross One-One

Slicing and dicing things into pieces small enough
to be fed to Liberals, Kooks and Anti-Americans.
When feeding Kooks and Anti-Americans
I suggest a potato gun.
Example

If you are the emotional liberal type, this mindspace will make you uncomfortable. If you think my logic or facts are faulty, lets discuss it. When your findings disagree with my findings, that is dialogue. But using rhetoric to disagree with science is demogoguery. No demogoguery! I usually refrain from insults, but occasionally, ignorance and liberal hypocrisy bring out the worst in me.

Name:
Location: Edge of Nowhere, Washington, United States

Military Jumper, Diver, Motorcycle Rider, Air Traffic Control and Demolitions Man. I build furniture and cabinets and can frame, roof, wire, plumb and finish a house. Can weld steel, drive heavy equipment, build pole barns and mortared rock walls. Have written one bad novel and one brilliant thesis. And I play the guitar.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Tool Sale From Hell

Driving home from work...Dayglo pink sign says "TOOL SALE...So I turned in at the local Fraternal Order of the Eagles Lodge and there's a beehive of activity around a semi-trailer.

Sign says: (1) Grab a clipboard and write down item code and quantity...(2) Pay Cashier... (3) Pick up purchase at semi-trailer.

I went in and picked up a clipboard. Hmmmmmmm... 4" pneumatic grinder...$29.99...Too Cheap!...must be made in China.

I looked around and just about everything there was made in China. I put dowwn the clipboard and the pen and walked out.

The U.S. is selling itself to China...cheap. Our trade deficit with China is about 0.5% of our national net worth annually. Their heavy industrial capacity is ramping up as we disassemble ours. The Chinese have no environmental constraint, no trade unions and cheap plentiful labor.

They are executing a national strategy to supplant the US as the lone superpower within 50 years. They plan to do it without firing a shot like we did with the Soviet Union. They plan to do it with economics.

I'm not buying anymore goods from China. They may be cheap. They may be of acceptable quality. But the long term cost is too high.

Normally a tool counter makes me giddy... Today it was depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 Michael A. Breeden