The Brutality of Reason Example

By Ironcross One-One

Slicing and dicing things into pieces small enough
to be fed to Liberals, Kooks and Anti-Americans.
When feeding Kooks and Anti-Americans
I suggest a potato gun.
Example

If you are the emotional liberal type, this mindspace will make you uncomfortable. If you think my logic or facts are faulty, lets discuss it. When your findings disagree with my findings, that is dialogue. But using rhetoric to disagree with science is demogoguery. No demogoguery! I usually refrain from insults, but occasionally, ignorance and liberal hypocrisy bring out the worst in me.

Name:
Location: Edge of Nowhere, Washington, United States

Military Jumper, Diver, Motorcycle Rider, Air Traffic Control and Demolitions Man. I build furniture and cabinets and can frame, roof, wire, plumb and finish a house. Can weld steel, drive heavy equipment, build pole barns and mortared rock walls. Have written one bad novel and one brilliant thesis. And I play the guitar.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

What Gives Me Joy

The Solstice just passed. The days are getting longer.

Other things that give me joy:

It gives me joy that our unit didn't suffer any casualties (again).
It gives me joy that some of my troops that were lonely and unhappy are in love and radiant.
It gives me joy that troops that were uncommitted have found purpose in their service.
It gives me joy to see a troop that was timid and reserved become bold and decisive.
It gives me joy to see troops that arrived untempered embrace training hardship as the road to superiority.
It gives me joy to help retiring troops start second careers.
It gives me joy to see a decorated veteran of 5 deployments have a chance to sit one out.
It gives me joy to know that my troops are the best trained and equipped on the face of the earth.
It gives me joy to serve such devoted patriots and to be paid to do it.
It gives me joy to look at pictures of my first grandchild.
It gives me joy to see the look on my wife's face when I do a chore for her before she can get to it.
It gives me joy when my totally uncoordinated dog actually catches a thrown ball.
It gives me joy that the engine swap I did for my daughter actually worked.

Make a list of the things that give you joy. If you can't think of any, then you must be spending your time and effort on the wrong things. If I don't post again until then...Merry Christmas. If you aren't Christian, have a Merry Christmas anyway. If you are offended by that, get a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 Michael A. Breeden