The Brutality of Reason Example

By Ironcross One-One

Slicing and dicing things into pieces small enough
to be fed to Liberals, Kooks and Anti-Americans.
When feeding Kooks and Anti-Americans
I suggest a potato gun.
Example

If you are the emotional liberal type, this mindspace will make you uncomfortable. If you think my logic or facts are faulty, lets discuss it. When your findings disagree with my findings, that is dialogue. But using rhetoric to disagree with science is demogoguery. No demogoguery! I usually refrain from insults, but occasionally, ignorance and liberal hypocrisy bring out the worst in me.

Name:
Location: Edge of Nowhere, Washington, United States

Military Jumper, Diver, Motorcycle Rider, Air Traffic Control and Demolitions Man. I build furniture and cabinets and can frame, roof, wire, plumb and finish a house. Can weld steel, drive heavy equipment, build pole barns and mortared rock walls. Have written one bad novel and one brilliant thesis. And I play the guitar.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

How Much is a Story Worth?

The debit card readers were out of order when I stopped for gas on Pennsylvania Avenue a couple of days ago. I went inside to let them run the card and when I came out I was approached by a wreck of a human being with a big smile on his face.
Excuse me, sir. I'd like to get something to eat. Can I pump your gas for you?
If you've read this blog much, you know I'm not an advocate of the undeserving poor. I noticed that he did not beg, but offered to perform a service for remuneration.
I can give you a couple of bucks to get something to eat...
He didn't take the bait.
No sir, I'm not going to take your money if you don't let me pump the gas.
What could I say?
OK, you got it. Go ahead and fill er' up.

My name is Shorty and I've fallen on some tough times recently. But I know how to deal with tough times. You just gotta keep on keepin' on.

Yeah, that's all you can do.
He chatted on for a bit, waiting for the automatic shutoff to fire. Finally, he pauses for a moment and looks me straight in the eye.
I'm gonna ask you an important question. You'll think it's easy, but it's not. I'm positive you'll get the answer wrong. So think about it before you answer.

OK, what's the question?

What is the greatest nation on God's green earth?

This nation, the United States of America.

Nope, That's not it. It's a good answer but it's not the greatest nation.
He timed it perfectly. He finished pumping the gas, put the nozzle back on the pump and put the gas cap back on my trusty bimmer. I fell right in to his trap.
OK you tell me, Shorty. What's the greatest nation on earth, then?
He winked and held out his hand.
The greatest nation is a do-nation!
If he'd taken the money without pumping the gas, I would have given him a couple of bucks. I laughed and gave him a fiver. A good story is worth at least that much.

1 Comments:

Blogger EdWonk said...

I enjoyed this! Thanks.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005 Michael A. Breeden